Monday, 17 March 2014

The waiting continues.......

Monday 17th March

So, the calcifications are cancerous.  Knew it!  The issue we now have is that they cannot tell if the lump and the calcifications are in the same place.  This is due to the images of my incredibly "dense" boobs not being clear.  I therefore have to have an MRI scan.  An urgent request for the MRI has gone in today, I just have to wait for the call, which should be sometime this week.  What an anti-climax!

If the calcifications are in the same place I can still have the wide local excision.  The consultant said that she would rather wait for the MRI than do the wrong operation, fair enough.  The waiting continues........

No comments:

Post a Comment